How many Treatments are needed to achieve my Perfect Look?
For the majority of clients, two treatments will be performed a minimum of 8 weeks apart. With the majority of treatments, the color tends to soften and fade considerably after the first week. This result is preferable for some clients, while others prefer a darker and bolder look. At your second visit, we examine the results of your first treatment and make the adjustments necessary to achieve the look you want.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are having microblading done to rework/cover up an existing eyebrow tattoo, please send us a clear photo of the treatment area FIRST before booking the appointment. Results cannot be guaranteed for clients with existing tattoos, and we must see a photo first to verify that the treatment is workable for you.
How long will my Microblading Treatment Last?
Results vary depending on the individual. The treatment is semi-permanent and does not wash off. However, the pigment does fade over time. In most cases, the eyebrows maintain their color for about 12 to 18 months; however, results CANNOT BE GUARANTEED as they are dependent on numerous factors such as the pigment color used, lifestyle choices, etc. After the color fades, additional treatments can be performed, at which time the artist can customize the treatment to match any facial feature changes.
Is there an Age requirement to receive your Microblading procedure?
To receive the microblading service at Luxe Day Spa in Soho, you must be at least 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, you must bring in a completed and signed parental consent form provided by our office.
Can I have the Microblading Procedure done while I am Nursing or Pregnant?
As a safety precaution, we do NOT perform our microblading procedure on women that are nursing or pregnant.
What Specific Factors might have an Impact on the Effectiveness of the Treatment?
The following factors may have an effect on the success of the procedure:
- Exposure to the Sun: The sun can significantly lighten and soften the treated area, leading to premature fading. For this reason, sunblock and other protections (such as wearing a hat and sunglasses) should be used once the healing period is completed.
- The Speed at which the Cells Regenerate: The longer it takes for the cells to regenerate, the longer the pigment will hold.
- The Pigment Absorption Rate: The slower the pigment is absorbed into the skin, the longer it will hold.
- The Color Chosen: As a general rule, lighter colors tend to fade more quickly over time than darker colors.
- Bleeding while the Procedure is Ongoing: Any type of bleeding within the treated area during the procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorbed into the skin. For this reason, it is important to avoid drinking alcohol or taking blood thinners in the days prior to and following the procedure.
What Actions should I take Before the Procedure to Enhance the Chances of Success?
The following can help enhance your experience:
- If you have a good idea of the look you want, bring a few photos with you to the appointment for us to use as a reference.
- You may apply makeup to your eyebrows as you normally would prior to the procedure so we can have a better idea of the shape you desire. In addition, if you have any other eyebrow treatments on a regular basis please have them (as you normally would) at least 3 days prior to your procedure. We can remove any stray hairs that may fall outside of our final shape.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and taking any kind of blood thinning pills or substances for at least 72 hours prior to your procedure. Also please limit your intake of caffeine before the procedure as well.
- If you have been on the prescription Accutane in the past, you must be off of this medication for at least one year before being considered for this procedure.
- We highly recommend avoiding exposure to sun tanning equipment for at least 30 days before and 30 days after your procedure. If you come to your appointment with a new tan or sunburn, you will need to reschedule the appointment and forfeit your deposit.
- If you are planning a vacation, it is highly recommended that you wait to go until at least 14 days following the procedure.
What Actions should I take After the Microblading Procedure to Ensure Long-Term Care?
Please click here to see our detailed aftercare instructions.
How will my new 3D Eyebrows Look in the Future?
At your appointment, we will analyze your skin tone, color choices and other factors to estimate the extent to which the color may change over time. In most cases, the 3D eyebrows stay true to color estimates and lighten over time. However, individual results may vary, and a follow up visit in one to two years to assess the pigment coloration may be appropriate.
Will Microblading work Well on My Skin?
Microblading works well for most candidates. However, there are some instances when there may be issues. These include:
- Individuals with extremely oily skin: The ongoing oil production causes the hair strokes to soften and become diffused. This will make your eyebrow tattoo look more powdered than you might expect.
- Individuals with little to no existing eyebrow hair: In these cases, the eyebrows tend to appear more two-dimensional rather than three-dimensional.
- Individuals who smoke: Smoking can lead to premature fading of the pigment.
- Individuals who are anemic or iron-deficient: Such individuals have a higher likelihood of experiencing bleeding or bruising (of the treated area) during the procedure.
- Individuals who have previously had traditional eyebrow tattoos: Microblading as a rework/cover up to a regular eyebrow tattoo does not always work. We will need to see a clear photo of your eyebrows to make a determination on whether or not to proceed with the treatment.
Is your Spa and Equipment Safe?
Absolutely! We go to great lengths to ensure that our studio space is immaculate and sterile. For example, we use only single-use and disposable blades and supplies, meaning these materials are only used once before being safely discarded. After that, new materials are brought in for the next client after the station is disinfected and sterilized.
How do I Make an Appointment?
Appointments for our microblading procedure can only be booked over the phone. We do NOT accept appointments via email or online form. Please note that a non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your appointment; this is to ensure that you are serious about having the procedure. If you miss or cancel your appointment, your deposit is forfeited.
What Methods of Payment do you Accept?
We accept cash and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) only. Sorry, we do not accept checks and we do not take American Express.