Customized Spray Tanning: Tampa’s Most Natural Looking, Longest Lasting Sunless Tan
The danger of spending too long in the sun has made Luxe’s custom spray tans Tampa’s favorite way to get that ‘fresh off the beach’ look without risking your health. Luxe Day Spa offers all-natural, custom spray tanning to Tampa residents and visitors using only Aviva Labs’ 100% organic and non-toxic tanning lotions.
Available in a variety of DHA formulations to provide optimal tanning for every skin color and type, Aviva Labs lotions are best known for their quick action; allowing you to shower the lotion off after only 4 hours rather than the standard 8. Aviva lotions dry in seconds with no odor and leave your skin silky and superbly moisturized after application. Best of all, they provide the longest-lasting, most evenly-fading tan available off the beach. Aviva lotions are all-natural, even-fading, nut- and allergen-free, contain no harsh dyes or chemicals, hypoallergenic, not tested on animals, and are formulated with your long-term health in mind.
Before & After Your Custom Spray Tan
Tampa’s hot sun and salty wind can make getting and maintaining a spray tan just a little more difficult than in other places. Here are our suggestions for making your customized spray tan as effective as possible:
Before Your Custom Spray Tan:
- Wax 2 days before the tanning (wax residue will block tanner absorption) or shave the night before.
- Take a shower and exfoliate properly using a body brush or quality scrub. Removing any dead cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best results.
- Do not use deodorant (It will turn green!), makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to the tanning. Lotions can act as a barrier & prevent the solution from contacting your skin.
- You may tan in the garment of your choice, or ladies may be sprayed nude. Bathing suits and underwear work well, and MEN are required to wear underwear, boxer shorts or a bathing suit.
- Remove all Jewelry and lenses contact prior your tanning section.
- Wear loose fitting dark-colored clothing and flip-flops. Some of the bronzer may rub off on your clothing, and shoes can cause your feet to perspire affecting the results.
- To avoid age spots, freckles, moles, etc. from getting darker, your technician may apply a cosmetic concealer over the spots or areas to block the solution and give an even appearance of color.
Immediately After Your Custom Spray Tan:
- Do not wash your hands for 4 hours.
- Do not put on tight clothing for least 4 hours.
- Do not exercise (first day). Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution, changing its color.
- Do not swim in water or soak in a Jacuzzi or bath tub. Chlorine from a pool or Jacuzzi can cause your tan to fade faster!
- Do not apply moisturizer (yet).
- Refrain from any rubbing action of body skin during “tan time” (6-8 hours) to achieve the best result.
- Do not carry a clutch or heavy purse or back pack under your arm or over your shoulders as this will cause the solution to rub off in these areas.
To Maintain & Prolong Your Custom Spray Tan:
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. We recommend waiting until the next day. You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal.
- Do not take long, hot baths or showers.
- Do not use exfoliate with a loufah, or use body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
- Gently pat dry after you shower.
- Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating.
- Apply moisturizer after your first shower and every day after your tanning session. This will help prolong your tan.
If you go out under the sun with a spray tan, remember that it does not guarantee protection from the sun; so be certain to wear sunscreen.