Stress can manifest itself on one’s appearance in many ways, but primarily by making the skin more sensitive and more reactive. Below are a few examples:
- Stress can make psoriasis or rosacea worse, resulting in acne lesions that are more inflamed and more persistent
- Cause brittle nails and ridging of the nails, cause hair loss and excessive perspiration
- Trigger or can be a worsening factor for fever blisters, seborrheic dermatitis and has even been shown to impair skin barrier function and dehydration of the skin( allowing more irritants, allergens, and infectious agents to penetrate the skin and cause problems)
- Abuse of the skin, such as scratching, pulling or rubbing
Traditional dermatologic or spa therapies should be used in conjunction with appropriate stress management therapies to successfully treat stress-related conditions. With accurate diagnosis by a dermatologist, effective treatments improve the appearance and function of the skin. This alone can substantially reduce patient’s stress and improve their skin, hair and nail conditions. At Luxe Day Spa in Tampa, we offer hydrating facials for the skin in need of relaxation and hydration, deep cleansing and acne facial, for skin that show acne or breakouts as result of stress ,also hot oil manicure and nail transformation treatment, for the nails that have been abused by stress behavior and need some extra attention. Skin rejuvenation procedures have been shown to significantly improve a person’s outward appearance, but studies suggest these types of cosmetic interventions also can have positive effects on how people feel and function.
Benefits of Relaxing:
- Protects your heart
- Lowers your risk of catching a cold
- Boosts your memory
- Keeps you safe from depression
- Helps you make better decision
- Keeps you slim
- Eases Acne
And many more other benefits. Start thinking more about your well being, start living a stress free life and relax more.
What you can do?
- Make time for downtime
- Follow a routine
- Give your mind a break (meditate, sit still, do more yoga)
- Spend a day at Luxe Day Spa and get a massage, a facial, a manicure and pedicure, treat yourself .
- Be happy, be healthy and stay luxurious 😉