Summer is definitely the most fun season of the year, where we can’t have too much sun, or can we? So we decided to write this blog about sun damage done to the skin with summer fun, and what to do in case you end up encountering one, couple or even all of them .
- SUNBURN : Is when you forget to apply or also reapply your sunblock and you get red, the skin gets swollen, will hurt, burn, and eventually peel off leaving you with sun damaged skin. That’s is probably the most common sun damage done to the skin with summer fun. What you can do: Drink lots of water to rehydrate your body and boost the moisture in your skin, then apply aloe vera gel religiously. And I don’t think we have to advise you to NEVER again forget to apply your sunblock 15 to 30 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- BROWN SPOTS & FRECKLES : Freckles aren’t cute, they are the result of sun damage. Tiny brown pigments means you’re damaging your skin to some degree if you’re exposed to too much sun without proper sun protection . What you can do: Wear a sunblock of at least 30 SPF and reapply it every two hours to prevent further skin damage.
- ACNE: Even if you usually don’t break out, you might see a few zits on your pretty and perfect face in the summer, and that’s the heat, which triggers excess sweat that will mix with the existing dirt and bacteria on your face. If you’r applying sunblock and not using the right formula for your skin type, your pores can blog too. What you can do: Use a sunblock thats noncomedogenic and also get regular facials to keep the skin healthy and exfoliated. Make sure to ask your aesthetician to analyze your skin to make sure you can use glycolic and salicylic acid based skin products, since these ingredients are a must to keep breakouts away.
- RAZOR BURN & INGROWN HAIRS: If you’re a shaving type of gal, you’re likely to suffer a lot in the summer with razor burn or/ and ingrown hairs, and also if you are prancing around in two-piece, since the swimsuit itself can irritate your bikini line and like shaving, also contribute to ingrown hairs. What you can do: Toss the razor and start getting waxing, beside the long lasting hair removal benefits, waxing won’t leave your skin red and irritated, won’t give you razor burn or ingrown hairs. Try Sugaring waxing , the best waxing for sensitive, ingrown hair prone or any skin.
- FOLLICULITIS: Is the inflammation of hair follicles, usually more common on men’s face, can be caused by the follicles being blocked by a combination of products you’re using on your skin in the summer, like oils and self-tanner, OTC sunblock, oily foundation, and then irritated further by seat. What you can do: Consult your aesthetician so she can advise you on the best exfoliant and then exfoliate your skin every other day with the product, that might have glycolic and/or lactic acid on it’s formulation. Your aesthetician might also advise you to try couple of Microdermabrasion treatments.
Now that you are aware of the few damages the summer can do to your skin, make sure to carry that SPF with you everywhere, make regular visits to your aesthetician and make your waxing appointment today . Luxe Day Spa in Tampa (813) 280-9917.