We all love to get our nails done and it’s even a necessity sometimes, however, with the busy life we have there’s nothing better than chip-resistance ,high-shine,long lasting polish right? What’s the best to choose from when it comes to shellac or acrylic nails?
Here are a few differences between both, so you can make your decision the next time you’re at the spa or nail salon.
- Is cured under LED light
- No filling or drills needed
- No damage to natural nails with proper soak off
- It has a high-gloss shine and it is self-leveling so no ridges and imperfections are visible in the nail when using darker ,more vibrant colors
- A shellac manicure will last up to two weeks without lifting, chipping or losing its shine
- Acrylic is porous, which means that bacteria may enter through the nail into the space that was created
- Need of drills and a lot of filling
- It is not uncommon to develop a nail infection between the natural nail and the acrylic ,which can go unnoticed because it is difficult to see the natural nail through the acrylic overlay
- The application process involves strong chemicals and fumes
- To remove, acrylic is soaked in acetone for 15-20 minutes
- Nails become soft, thin and brittle
Here at Luxe Day Spa in Tampa, we offer shellac with a very wide selection of colors, plus the matching regular nail polish for your toes. You will find anything you want, even french or any design you have in mind.
Be good to your nails and go natural with Shellac polish. Stay Luxurious 😉